Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default drop-in LED tubes, was: options, was: LED Light Bulbs ...

"danny burstein" wrote in message
In Don Y

writes:

I'd be interested to know how efficient the system is -- watts in
vs. watts delivered to the LEDs. I suspect there are still
some issues (I know there have been some recalled products from
"dangerous overheating" -- which suggests too much lost in heat
in the process!)

Lie this one?

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/...lls-LED-Lamps/

- they claim to have sold 700,000 of them. My mind boggles.

Now you have me worried. I was just about to hit the local Home Depot but
burned up lamps do not have a high Spouse Approval Factor. We've had
several of the older CFL self-immolate and though nothing caught fire, the
house stank of burning plastic for days.

--
Bobby G.