Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default drop-in LED tubes, was: options, was: LED Light Bulbs ...

On 8/24/2015 6:22 PM, danny burstein wrote:
[snip]

Photos of a Costco twin-pack of Feit brand four foot LED tubes
that somehow or other are drop-in replacements for fluorescents
and work through the ballasts. As I said elsewhere, my head hurts
trying to visualize the wave forms...

Dunno. They could transformer couple to get down to a better working
voltage. *Or*, just rectify and chop *that* (buck regulator) to
feed the LEDs.

I'd be interested to know how efficient the system is -- watts in
vs. watts delivered to the LEDs. I suspect there are still
some issues (I know there have been some recalled products from
"dangerous overheating" -- which suggests too much lost in heat
in the process!)