Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/23/2015 6:47 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I think it's a waste of time to try and explore the "if when my
parents had me that law had been such and such" hypothetical's. Your
parents either did what they did because it was what they wanted or
because of whatever the law was at the time they were trying to either
take advantage of it or get around it. Just like the illegal's are
doing now, i.e. some are on the up and up and some are scum bags
dropping anchor babies. Regardless of what used to be and how it did
or didn't affect your past we ought to get rid of Birthright
Citizenship. It simply no longer makes sense and ENCOURGAGES aliens
to come here illegally. Can you give a single reason why THIS country
and/or YOU are better off because we allow Birthright citizenship?

How, specifically, do you intend to implement your "system"? Require
pregnant women to provide proof of citizenship before going into
labor? After all, you want to know that the child is a citizen
from the moment it takes its first breath of air -- as it's rights
and privileges extend from that. Don't want to wait for the
mother to show up with proof two weeks later as the child would
be in legal limbo for that period!

And, if the mother died in childbirth, then what?

Maybe we should require folks to provide proof of citizenship
before *conceiving*? Just in case.

[Hmmm... weren't you (elsewhere) lamenting the "police state"?]