Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.home.repair,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
micky micky is offline

Default Linksys in 2003?

In alt.comp.hardware, on Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:59:52 -0500, Paul in
Houston TX wrote:

micky wrote:
I'm looking for a wireless parallel print server and I found one on
Amazon (a WPS11) and one on Ebay.

Some printers require 2 way comm and some don't.
Wireless is often only one way.

That's another thing one or both of those wireless servers did. Their
boxes said works with almost any printer, but when buyers called
customer service, they were told it wouldn't work with an all-in-one.

One was told it required a Linksys router, also not written on the box,
and probably not true/

USB to parallel/serial, etc. is often one way.
Better make sure that your printer is a one way printer before getting
a wireless print server.

Well, I ended up getting a wired one. I"m sure that one small laser
printer I have is communicates only one-way

While looking for a driver for the wireless I didn't buy, I came across
this page,
http://www.uyc.nu/download_driver.ph...ksys_wps54gu2_

Driver First Uploaded: November 4 2013
Thumbs up 272, Thumbs down 15
Installation Ease 86%

How come these people did so much better than the Amazon raters, who
gave it a 2.4, which is really a 1.4 out of 4.

And since the device was first sold in 2003 or so, have 287 people
really not just downloaded the driver?

Or did they make this stuff up, like Amazon makes up "These things were
bought together" and then gives two routers or something else people
only need one of.