Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

"Don Y" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I'd thought of "tubular LED" replacements but that just strikes me as
so much a kludge...

But a strip of low wattage LEDs in a "light bar" makes sense because they
can tolerate a few failures before the total light output becomes too dim to
be useable. Mount them in standard packages that can draw power from a
fluorescent ballast . . . Hey, off to the patent office you go!

I have been thinking about replacing the 48" shoplights in the basement. My
wife says they flicker but I do like the nice, even diffuse light they
produce even if it seems I am replacing ballast all the damn time.

--
Bobby G.