Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

On 08/22/2015 10:47 PM, Robert Green wrote:
As an additional bonus, a broken LED doesn't warrant a hazmat spill response

When I was a kid and school desks still had a groove for pencils (to say
nothing of the hole for inkwells) I had a little bottle of mercury
collected from old mercury switches. I'd amuse myself by pouring a
little into the groove and pushing the blobs back and forth. As far as I
can tell the worst effect was the outcome of the 'keeps busy at
worthwhile activities' entry on the report card.

Back in the '70s the company I worked for did contract assembly for
Sylvania, both grow lights and 4' energy saving tubes. The EPA
definitely doesn't need to know how the broken bulbs and non-starters
were handled... Of course, every factory and office in the world was
disposing of all those 40w T12's safely. Then suddenly every CFL became
a lethal device ready to kill your children and pets.