Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

The only thing I've noticed about CFLs is they are slow to start in the
winter but I've gotten used to turning a light on and having a pause
before there's any light.

That's precisely why I've been yanking all the CFL's out and replacing them
with LEDs. You'd be surprised at how quickly you re-adjust to the damn
light coming on to full brightness when you flick the switch.

Almost all of the CFL 23W bulbs I got from HomeDepot (N:vision) take a full
minute to reach max brightness and start out at what I'd called 50% or more
dimmed. Not acceptable if only for safety reasons.

And no more stinking mercury going into the aquifers from CFLs not being
properly recycled. I suspect scientists will see huge mercury spikes in
sediment layers that clearly mark man's flirtation with CFLs. They may only
have trace amounts of Hg in them, but they've made billions of them.

As an additional bonus, a broken LED doesn't warrant a hazmat spill response
(hyperbole alert!).

--
Bobby G.