Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

On 8/22/2015 7:55 PM, Don Y wrote:

We don't have any "lamps". Almost all of the lighting, here, is
overhead (floods and spots) -- and on dimmers.

[We have two "lamps" that use the long, slender, "dildo" bulbs]

As I mentioned in my post, I put two in the garage door opener
(because it *doesn't* dim!) leaving just the light fixtures over
the bathroom sinks as the only non-dimming incandescent fixtures
(they'd require "specialty" bulbs... "less affordable")

We have 10 lamps. Primary lighting in the family room. In a room that
we'd read or watch TV, lamps are the best lighting.

The garage door opener is not on enough to show any real savings.
Specialty bulbs will be harder to replace. I really like the LED
"daylight" bulbs in the bathroom. Each has three 60W equivalent (800
lumen) over the sink plus 2 cfl in the ceiling light/vent. Nice and
bright in the shower.