Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does my UPS work?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:17:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

With the UPS NOT plugged into the wall

Plug in a load such as a small lamp into the UPS.

Press AND HOLD the on button for about 5 seconds

That should turn it on.

Mark

Only if the battery is good. And of the 3 models I have, all APC,
(300, Pro 650, XS 900) only one mentions this in the instructions.

For the record, it was IMO a bad idea to trim off the other newsgroups.
I started this thread in XP and alt.comp.hardware and included this
group because I thought you'd be interested. It's only by chance I
noticed the thread is longer here, and if it hadn't been a lot longer, I
would have missed all the replies that followed a post that had ng
snipped.

Is this another of the bad features of posting from google? You can
get your own newsreader and news service and it's a lot better.