Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,rec.autos.tech
rickman rickman is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/20/2015 11:42 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/19/2015 11:10 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I suspect the person the driver was talking
to knew he was in the accident when the call was cut short. The
investigators would have been able to tell who crossed the line by the
skid marks on the road.

Why would the offender have left skid marks? Was there evidence that
the offender even tried to stop?

Right, but the other car may have left skid marks in his proper lane
trying to stop. Or he tried to evade and left no skid marks.

The investigation will vary with the seriousness of the accident. Minor
ding an a bumper won't get much attention and you could easily turn off
the phone and toss it in the consul so it is not suspect. If it caused
a death, chances are they'd be checking records from the carrier to see
if a call was in progress.

This is the 21st century. Cars have ABS today, they don't leave skid marks.

Sorry, my truck doesn't have ABS. BTW, when was the accident?

--

Rick