Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Eyeglass Frames Re-Soldering Question ?

On 2015-08-20, micky wrote:

What does six-focal mean?

There are other names, I jes couldn't recall them. They are also
called multifocals, varifocal, progresive lenses, etc. Basically,
they are six levels of unlined focal lengths. When I got them, they
were called "computer glasses", as I could easily focus anywhere from
infinity (I'm astigmatic) to 18 inches for my computer monitor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasses#Progressive

They are great Italian made gold (18K) frames. I no longer wear
glasses cuz I can't afford a new pair. Plus, my astigmatism is minor
enough, I can get by w/o prescription lenses. I now jes do without or
wear off-the-shelf cheaters for reading. I do have an ancient pair of
single focal length prescription laser glasses I keep in the car in
case I end up driving at night.

nb