Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Eyeglass Frames Re-Soldering Question ?

In alt.home.repair, on 20 Aug 2015 14:49:27 GMT, notbob

On 2015-08-20, philo wrote:

Since the frames are gold, new ones would have been fairly expensive

These can be repaired. A good optometrist should have facilities to
repair glasses, not jes sell new frames. If you can't find an
optometrist willing to do the work, try a good jeweler. I often
suspected my optometrist's repair tech sent my gold frames out to be
silver soldered by a local jeweler.

... Even if they charged $100 an hour for repair, it was only a
half-hour's work

If that. Last time I had my $200 gold frames repaired, it cost only
$40. Granted, this was over 10 yrs ago, but I suspect I'd be paying
over $500 dollars to replace these gold frames and six-focal lenses,
these days.

nb

What does six-focal mean?