Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/19/2015 12:04 PM, Muggles wrote:

Occasionally, if I'm out running errands and have a low (bs low) I'll
grab a candy bar that has a mix of nuts, salt, sugar, and fat in it.
It'll level off the bs low and keep me going until I can eat something
more substantial. There's been times when the bs low was to the point I
couldn't communicate. Once I was at a Walmart check out and thought I
had enough time to pay for my stuff and go get something to eat, but it
didn't turn out that way. I looked at the cashier and couldn't really
respond verbally except to say "food". She knew someone with a similar
problem and asked if I was diabetic and all I could do is nod, so she
ran and got me some candy bar with nuts in it, opened it up for me, and
help me take the first couple of bites. About 10 mins. later I was back
to normal, could talk fine, and thanked her for helping me.

Yes, I've complained to my MD that, from time to time, I will get
"the shakes" and crave sugar (i.e., walk into a restaurant and
eat a packet of sugar). He explains this as low blood sugar -- brought
on by my "forgetting" to eat (for a day or two -- did I mention I'm
not keen on eating?? : )

His solution: remember to eat a couple of times a day! :

I tend to make note of where the candy bars are in all the stores I go
to, but that's usually the only time I'd even eat a candy bar.