Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/19/2015 1:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/19/2015 11:39 AM, Muggles wrote:

"BS"?

Blood sugar.

Ah.

Afaict, it's just annual checkup. CBC, lipids, etc.

I think they do the BS and CBC/lipds at the same time, at least they do
when I go in for that checkup.

Dunno. I think she is most concerned with the lipds. Esp if you're
eating a block of (essentially) solid fat! :-/

I learned many years ago NOT to schedule *my* physical around the
holidays;
with all the baking I do, even just the *taste testing* drives all my
tests
crazy! All that sugar and butter in such a short period of time
(esp when it isn't normally in my diet)

Silly to alarm the doctor for a "transient" anomaly. Then, have him
wondering where the "problem" went -- when he ops to retest a month
later!

So, do you make fudge? My mom used to make it a lot, then suddenly her
recipe wouldn't set up solid, so we'd get a spoonful of fudge when that
would happen. mmmmmmmmm! Us kids loved it that way, but she quit making
it after a few tries didn't turn out.

No. I'm not big on sweets. I primarily bake -- cookies, coffee/cheese
cakes, pizzelles, breads, etc. From time to time, I will make almonds
coated with dark chocolate and rolled in cacao powder (SWMBO is a
chocaholic)
but my source of "quality" almonds has gone out of business.

Aside from "chocolate" (as in bar chocolate), I don't think I know many
people who eat "candy". I guess as you get older, your tastes tend towards
other ways of "acquiring sugar". I can't recall the last time I saw
someone eat a "candy bar"...

Occasionally, if I'm out running errands and have a low (bs low) I'll
grab a candy bar that has a mix of nuts, salt, sugar, and fat in it.
It'll level off the bs low and keep me going until I can eat something
more substantial. There's been times when the bs low was to the point I
couldn't communicate. Once I was at a Walmart check out and thought I
had enough time to pay for my stuff and go get something to eat, but it
didn't turn out that way. I looked at the cashier and couldn't really
respond verbally except to say "food". She knew someone with a similar
problem and asked if I was diabetic and all I could do is nod, so she
ran and got me some candy bar with nuts in it, opened it up for me, and
help me take the first couple of bites. About 10 mins. later I was back
to normal, could talk fine, and thanked her for helping me.

I tend to make note of where the candy bars are in all the stores I go
to, but that's usually the only time I'd even eat a candy bar.

--
Maggie