Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/19/2015 11:39 AM, Muggles wrote:

"BS"?

Blood sugar.

Ah.

Afaict, it's just annual checkup. CBC, lipids, etc.

I think they do the BS and CBC/lipds at the same time, at least they do
when I go in for that checkup.

Dunno. I think she is most concerned with the lipds. Esp if you're
eating a block of (essentially) solid fat! :-/

I learned many years ago NOT to schedule *my* physical around the holidays;
with all the baking I do, even just the *taste testing* drives all my tests
crazy! All that sugar and butter in such a short period of time
(esp when it isn't normally in my diet)

Silly to alarm the doctor for a "transient" anomaly. Then, have him
wondering where the "problem" went -- when he ops to retest a month later!

So, do you make fudge? My mom used to make it a lot, then suddenly her
recipe wouldn't set up solid, so we'd get a spoonful of fudge when that
would happen. mmmmmmmmm! Us kids loved it that way, but she quit making
it after a few tries didn't turn out.

No. I'm not big on sweets. I primarily bake -- cookies, coffee/cheese
cakes, pizzelles, breads, etc. From time to time, I will make almonds
coated with dark chocolate and rolled in cacao powder (SWMBO is a chocaholic)
but my source of "quality" almonds has gone out of business.

Aside from "chocolate" (as in bar chocolate), I don't think I know many
people who eat "candy". I guess as you get older, your tastes tend towards
other ways of "acquiring sugar". I can't recall the last time I saw
someone eat a "candy bar"...