Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default Eyeglass Frames Re-Soldering Question ?

On 8/19/2015 10:49 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have a pair of eyeglasses that split in the nose (Bridge area).

They are made from one of those "super bendable" alloys like
possibly Beryllium Copper, or Titanium, or...?

Really don't know what it is made of. These are just a guess.

I think I can re-solder them, but want to use the solder type
that offers the best possibility of holding.
Suggestions ?

Epoxy a better bet ?

Any suggestions and thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

I took my mom's to a local jeweler that uses a laser to do spot-weld
repairs. Same-day service on eyeglasses, and the price was reasonable.