Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/19/2015 10:06 AM, Muggles wrote:

You could wrap wire between the back edge of one shelf and that of
it's mate -- effectively "sew" the two shelves together.

I could do that, and I may end up doing that if I don't find something
else that works better.

There may be some sort of (nylon/vinyl) lacing cord. Sort of like
the stuff used to make lanyards on the "playground" in summer
("gymp"?)

I could also use white zip ties and cut them off close, but that may be
a last resort. I'm not sure how distracting they'd be to look at. I like
using zip ties for all sorts of things, but haven't made up my mind yet.

I think a flat nylon/vinyl "lacing" would be effective and "attractive".
Imagine bringing the back edges of two shelves together so the lower
portions are in contact with each other. Then, spiral wrap a flat
piece of lacing all along that back edge -- so that none of the
wire shelf is visible "under" that wrap. Like the way you would wrap
bicycle handlebars:
http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds_1/Bicycles_Table/Canadian_Bicycles/Marinoni_Bicycles/MarinoniQuebec/Marinoni_Quebec_2/Mar_Que2_Handlebars_2.jpg

Getting the red glow and mimicking HAL's voice will be the next
issues...

Sounds nice!

"Different" -- why be "normal"? :

Exactly! I feel the same way.

Well, sometimes I feel that my third eye isn't unique enough...