Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Do I need treatment?

On 8/18/2015 5:43 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/18/2015 2:48 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Most people would have just given up instead of finding a solution and
doing something outside of the box to make it happen.

Most people would have fallen for the "that's the way its always been
done"
answer!

I despise that sort of "answer". It's not an answer, it's an excuse,
imo. It
was something I dealt with a lot where I used to work. In many types
of work
environments, that simply doesn't work. Just because something has
always been
done that way does not necessarily lead to the conclusion that it's
the correct
way or even the best way. But people with that mindset are hard to move.

It's a *safe* attitude!

Look at how many interactions and decisions you encounter in daily
life that fall in that category. Almost *all* of medicine is
based on that approach: if you *do* something, then you risk
incurring liability. OTOH, if you maintain the status quo, you
are just perpetuating someone *else's* decision!

I've always been dumbfounded by the concept of radical mastectomy.
You mean it never occurred to anyone to try lumpectomy? Yet, once
mastectomy was the "acknowledged treatment", it was really hard to
move folks away from that to more "rational" treatments -- no one
wanted to go first!

Well I believe that lumpectomies are almost always the first step. BTDT