Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Do I need treatment?

On 8/18/2015 3:34 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/18/2015 10:05 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/18/2015 10:46 AM, Don Y wrote:

I prefer to ask "Why was it done *that* way, instead of some other
(possibly better) way?"

snipped for brevity

Often (at least in my line of work), the information is there in front
of you. *But*, you have self-imposed, preconceived notions/assumptions
that are UNnecessarily limiting your options. "The Box"

The dishwasher, here, moves all the plumbing into the wall behind
the sink/dishwasher. Including the air gap. As a result, the
cabinet beneath the sink has no "extra pipes" to work around.

More space for storage, too.

Yes. In my case, I wanted to make a metal tray that would fit the
bottom of the cabinet to catch spills, leaks, etc. -- to preserve the
integrity of the (wood) cabinet. The hoses and pipes made that
difficult.

Most people would have just given up instead of finding a solution and
doing something outside of the box to make it happen.

Most people would have fallen for the "that's the way its always been done"
answer!

I despise that sort of "answer". It's not an answer, it's an excuse,
imo. It was something I dealt with a lot where I used to work. In many
types of work environments, that simply doesn't work. Just because
something has always been done that way does not necessarily lead to the
conclusion that it's the correct way or even the best way. But people
with that mindset are hard to move.