Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/18/2015 2:12 PM, Muggles wrote:

Not fond of corned beef. Nor (hot) peppers of any kind. Cabbage is OK
with galumpke.

I enjoy a nice tender corned beef occasionally with the cabbage,
carrots, and potatoes. mmmmmm I had to look up galumpke.

If I was going to spend that sort of time making/waiting for a chunk
of meet, I'd rather roast a pork shoulder and live off pulled pork
sandwiches for the next week or so! :

If I were going to have pulled bbq, we'd smoke it all day and then end
up giving much of it away to the kids because that wouldn't been the
reason to cook a big piece of meat, anyway.

As I'm not fond of "wasting time" on eating (and, by extension, *cooking*),
I make things in large batches, freeze it and live off the "leftovers"
(even though they technically aren't left OVER!).

E.g., I make 16q of marinara sauce at a time; 8 pounds of meatloaf
(slice and individually wrap each slice prior to freezing); a large
pork shoulder (shred/pull and put in small "single serving" bags);
etc.

In this way, I can pull something from the freezer, toss it in the
microwave and be eating a "meal" three or four minutes later.

The other exception is ice cream. I still eat it quickly; but, I

[I'll make some butter pecan gelato tomorrow]

I've made ice cream 5 times in the last few weeks. Tried different
recipes, which was fun. Haven't made any in the last 10 days, though.

I am "strongly discouraged" from making ice cream. SWMBO shouldn't
be eating it -- yet has a hard time resisting! Ditto for the cheesecake.
The notable exception, there, is you can't "sneak" a piece of cheesecake
without it being noticed (by whomever the cheesecake is destined). So,
that tends to discourage "cheating".

The same argument holds for coffee cake.

OTOH, you can eat a good portion of a batch of ice cream and no one
is the wiser! "That's all he made!" Likewise, brownies, cookies, etc.
can disappear in large numbers without anyone being the wiser! :