Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/18/2015 4:02 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/18/2015 9:08 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/18/2015 1:57 AM, Don Y wrote:

Not fond of corned beef. Nor (hot) peppers of any kind. Cabbage is OK
with galumpke.

I enjoy a nice tender corned beef occasionally with the cabbage,
carrots, and potatoes. mmmmmm I had to look up galumpke.

If I was going to spend that sort of time making/waiting for a chunk
of meet, I'd rather roast a pork shoulder and live off pulled pork
sandwiches for the next week or so! :

If I were going to have pulled bbq, we'd smoke it all day and then end
up giving much of it away to the kids because that wouldn't been the
reason to cook a big piece of meat, anyway.

It's been said that some folks eat to live while others live to eat.
I'm firmly in the first camp (get it over with as quickly as possible).
Even the meals that I truly *love* are just "brief experiences" :-/

I think I do a little of both, but I'm a slow eater which makes it so I
can taste everything I eat. If it doesn't taste right or good I don't
eat it.

I eat quickly (get it over with and move on to something else).
An exception is baked stuffed shrimp. Partly because it is *so*
good and *so* seldom made -- but also because it is so *rich* that
it almost is sickening!

yum!

The other exception is ice cream. I still eat it quickly; but, I

[I'll make some butter pecan gelato tomorrow]

I've made ice cream 5 times in the last few weeks. Tried different
recipes, which was fun. Haven't made any in the last 10 days, though.

--
Maggie