Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Do I need treatment? No you're certified

Don Y posted for all of us...

On 8/17/2015 3:35 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/17/2015 2:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/17/2015 12:29 PM, Muggles wrote:

[attrs elided]

Even though she may technically be mentally ill, she is one of the
sanest people I know.

I am quite sure I have ADD so I can't point fingers

Everyones got their thing... Except me.

True. I can't type numbers very accurately because I have short fingers.

ROTFL! "Typing accuracy varies directly with finger length" I'll
have to keep that in mind next time someone calls me out on a "typo"!

[Previous "best such excuse" was "font error"]

I couldn't play bar chords on my guitar either. (¬?¬)

What's your "thing"? Confession is good for the soul, right?

The most interesting "personal observation" I've made (not sure
you would call it a "thing") is that I have trouble with "reference
frames" (for want of a better word).

E.g., as a kid, I recall not being able to resolve "the left side
of the car" -- is that the left side when you are seated *in* it?
Or, the left side when you are LOOKING at it?

(e.g., like STAGE left / STAGE right -- though I've never had problems
with that because it's not "left/right" but STAGE left/right... the
reference is implied in the name -- having done a fair bit of theater
in my youth).

If I look at something that is reflected in a mirror, I automatically
read it correctly -- I am not conscious of the fact that I am
reading a reflection. Similarly, it is easy for me to misread a '2'
as a '5' without the context of surrounding digits. It's trivial for
me to "write backwards" without "effort".

"Hypo" == less, "hyper" == more. Fine. E.g., Hypotonic or hypertonic.
Which is which??

I.e., why is *a* particular reference frame chosen and not "the other"?
"Driver's side" and "passenger's side" seem far more descriptive than
"left" and "right" for a vehicle. Why the (arbitrary?) assignment of
left and right?

Etc.

You have some kind of disability; then again who doesn't? Go with it, you
aren't going to change now. Also, don't look at X-rays or CT scans...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*