Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/17/2015 8:40 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/17/2015 6:07 PM, Muggles wrote:

We all *know* its one of the kids -- impatient, needing instant
gratification. Their question ("what are you guys having for supper?"
or something equally earth-shattering) just DEMANDS an immediate
reply. Or, so *they* would think!

[I wonder what they would do if mom & dad were in the sack and
didn't reply for an hour or so?? "Where WERE you guys?? I've been
calling and calling..." "We were working on another CHILD..."]

OMG! Mom and dad were what? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Did they think *they* were "immaculately conceived"?? :

I think you need over-the-top discussions like this to get them
to think about how silly their expectations appear. Any other
sort of "well, what if we were {out shopping, at a movie, etc.}"
excuse doesn't focus attention on the irrational nature of
their expectation. (i.e., they would expect you to be able
to take the call -- or at least TEXT a reply: "We're in the
movie theater; we'll call when we get out. Stop ****ing off
all the other patrons with all your calls!")

"Now, what was *SO* important? And, *if* we were in the sack,
should we have been interrupted for *THAT*???!"

That reminds me of a funny story, but I probably shouldn't tell it here! lol

--
Maggie