Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Weed cloth under rubber mulch for swing set?

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:47:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I've cleared out about a 3" depth under and around a wood play set with a couple of swings and a slide. The play set is surrounded by on 2 sides by a cement patio and on the other sides by pavers. Going to put green rubber mulch under and around the play set up to the cement and pavers.

I've had people question whether I should use weed block cloth under the mulch. My thought is no because I'm afraid the cloth would get kicked up and I've have a major PITA pulling it all up. Others say it wall keep the mulch clean since it won't be touching dirt.

Any ideas?

Yeah, how far away is the cement and the pavers, for when a kid goes
face down, skull down, or even butt down. Even the dirt can hurt him
but cement?