Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Weed cloth under rubber mulch for swing set?

On 8/17/2015 2:47 PM, wrote:
I've cleared out about a 3" depth under and around a wood play set with a couple of swings and a slide. The play set is surrounded by on 2 sides by a cement patio and on the other sides by pavers. Going to put green rubber mulch under and around the play set up to the cement and pavers.

I've had people question whether I should use weed block cloth under the mulch. My thought is no because I'm afraid the cloth would get kicked up and I've have a major PITA pulling it all up. Others say it wall keep the mulch clean since it won't be touching dirt.

Any ideas?

For something like that I'd buy some indoor/outdoor carpet that you can
get in 6'x8' roles at Lowe's or Home depot and put that under the mulch
and pin it to the ground with 6 inch U garden staples overlapping the
edges. Once you get that put down then put your mulch on top of it.
The kids won't be able to kick the carpet liner around even if the mulch
gets kicked around, and the mulch won't get dirty, either. The weeds
won't see the light of day which equals no work on all fronts. It works
great!

--
Maggie