Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Recipe for one yard of concrete

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Ralph Mowery wrote:
See above for a cost 10 years ago. It is more like 40 to 45 bags.

Bad thing about the mixer truck is that you need to order around 4
yards or more , or the delivery fees will ammount to about the same .

Last sakrete I bought was 1.1cf per bag , divide into 27 (volume per CY)
gives 25 bags ... which is actually close to the price of delivered premix
. Cost me a hundred per yard plus a "small load delivery fee" when I
poured my shop floor a couple of years ago .

That must have been a big ass bag to have 1.1 cf in it.

Their website lists an 80 lb bag as only .6 cuft. You would have been
buying about 150 lb bags at your rate. They only list 90 lb bags at the most
and that is .66 cuft.

The 40 to 45 bags I used were either 80 or 90 lb bags, I don't recall which.

At that time it was about twice the ammount of the delivered concrete per
yard not counting the delivery fee and additional charge for a small load.

To make sure we are talking about the same thing, that is the stuff that you
only add water to.