Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default need to change copper pipes when changing A/C compressor unit?

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:38:20 +0630, John Smith wrote:

I have A/C units that look like the one in the following page:

http://www.achrnews.com/articles/125...nitsheat-pumps

Now, one of the unit needs to be replaced. Is it necessary to replace
also the copper pipes (I assume they are for freon)? The pipes are
inside concrete wall. So, if they need to be replaced, that'll be a problem.

Best practice is to replace them. What is holding them in the
concrete? Often they are in a sleeve of some sort so they can be
replaced. Copper should not be in contact with the concrete as over
the years it can cause corrosion and leaks.

My guess is the installer has run into this before and knows what to
do.