Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Master/slave settings swtiched when powered off

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:48:58 -0600,
(Neill Massello) wrote:

J Burns wrote:

The only Mac I know that needed a PRAM battery to start wasn't made by
Apple. It was the Tanzania-based StarMax, a Motorola clone. It's also

Does this mean they made them in Tanzania? The country made up of
Tanganyika and Zanzibar? I don't think of that place as a high-tech
place, or even manufacturing.

the only Mac I know whose battery would die before the owner.

My recollection of a discussion on one of the comp.sys.mac groups is
that there was an Apple PowerPC model that wouldn't start up if the PRAM
battery was dead or missing. As for life, if you keep a Mac plugged in
when it's not running, the logic board battery will last a _very_ long
time. Pull the plug, and the clock eventually runs down the battery.