Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam E Sam E is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 08/16/2015 12:58 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

I don't think that's true and I believe studies have shown it.
Here is a simple example of why. When the person is in the car,
and all of a sudden you're at a dangerous intersection or someone
is stepping out in the street, they can see it. The can also see
that your attention has shifted. When you're on the phone they
are immune to any of that and don't know what's going on, so they
keep talking.

That's true. There's also the tendency to imagine you're where the
person you're talking to is. With the phone, that's not in your vehicle
and it takes too long to shift attention.

[snip]

--
"The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to
the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth." -- Pierre