Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
ceg[_2_] ceg[_2_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 07:23:59 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

I think his beef doesn't involve #2 or #3 above. I think what he's
saying is if cell phones are causing accidents, then why is the number
of total accidents staying about the same?

That's pretty close, except it's even worse than that.
The accident rate has been steadily decreasing, year after year after
year, with or without cellphone ownership.

The paradox is that we all *assume* the accidents are going up; but they
are not.

So, something is *wrong* with our assumptions.

Either:
1. Something is *exactly* canceling the skyrocketing accident rate, or,
2. The accident rate isn't skyrocketing (in fact, it's going down).