Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 9:42:33 AM UTC-4, Rowan Pope wrote:
On 08/16/2015 07:10 AM, ceg wrote:
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

Three reasons off the top of my head...

1. Do you really believe government statistics are accurate? (Think unemployment statistics)

2. Facing a potential lawsuit, how many drivers would actually admit to "texting while driving"?

3. People are liars. If you don't believe it, turn on the election coverage.
Americas's finest are just getting warmed up. May the best liar win!

I think his beef doesn't involve #2 or #3 above. I think what he's
saying is if cell phones are causing accidents, then why is the number
of total accidents staying about the same? Could be that other causes
of accidents, maybe drunk driving for example, have decreased due to
other reasons. IDK, but I'm sure not going to go through all the data
to try to figure it out.
drunk driving enforcement, etc.