Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Master/slave settings swtiched when powered off

On 8/16/15 3:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 11:34:50 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:

I don't know why you PC guys use a term so un-PC as "master-slave."
BDSM is no laughing matter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGVgfjnLqc

I'm not an Apleophile but I do own a few Apple computers older than
the women I chase, err, limp after, err, shuffle after, err, roll
after. I never went over to the dark side. Ù©—”̯—”Û¶

[8~{} Uncle Snob Monster

My relatives resented people smart enough to run computers. When they
saw the 1984 Super Bowl ad where the dumb person smashed the giant PC
monitor, they were sold. They sold others by showing them how they
could move the cursor with the mouse, like magic. It provided hours of
fascination.

They always assumed I was a nerd. When they wanted to know how to make
their Macs print, for example, they'd call on me. To make a Mac do
something, it helps to understand the Apple Philosophy: "How would a
really dumb person try to do it?" I had a knack for guessing right
without even pondering.

After ten years, they learned to print without me. Suddenly, they didn't
want me on their computers anymore. By then I had piles of floppies and
zip disks with my files, so I had to buy a Mac.

Neighbors with PCs figured that if I'd spent the money for a Mac, I must
know what was wrong with PCs. They'd call me when they had trouble.

Their philosophy was that if a sequence hadn't worked the first thousand
times, the solution was to persist. If that didn't work, the solution
was to have me watch them persist.

If they had a computer problem, they'd call the printer manufacturer.
If they had a printer problem, they'd call the ISP. If they had an ISP
problem, they'd call Microsoft. If they had an OS problem, they'd call
the computer manufacturer. They were right every time. I was glad I
didn't have a PC. I couldn't have remembered all that.