Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Continual cleaning v/s Self Cleaning oven Which is better?

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Aug 2015 11:31:38 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/15/2015 8:35 AM, micky wrote:

So the oven door latches like a microwave door latches? And you can
run the microwaves at the same time you're broiling a steak, or baking a
cake? And they get microwaved too?

This week, a couple folks tried the self cleaning
feature on my church's electric range and oven. The
clouds of smoke set off the smoke detector.

I'm on the call list for when the alarm comes in.
The alarm company calls me.

LOL.

Well, I managed to poke a hole in one of the disposeable broiling trays,
without noticign it, and now there a big puddle of grease in the bottom
of my oven.

Should I just let the self-cleaning thng burn it away, or should I try
to spoon it out?