Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Crown molding

On 08/14/2015 11:15 AM, Frank wrote:

Thanks, when I picked up the molding, the guy at the lumber yard also
said that was one way to do it. I'm going to skip that step though as it
will be just one more thing to screw up.

I should be able to handle this OK but if it looks like it's not turning
out well, I'll have a friend who's a perfectionist do it...and pay him.

My first shot at crown molding was funny as I figured two walls were the
same size and cut two identical pieces to find one wall was an inch or
two longer than the other.

As for nailing, if you put finishing nails into wall and ceiling corner,
won't you hit the board that crowns the studs?

House was built in 1898 and I am going to exactly measure each wall
before I cut...there is up to a 1/2" difference.

As to the corners I am going to put a block there, I'll have to poke
some test holes to see where something solid is.