Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default My house tipped over

On 8/13/2015 7:33 AM, Edmund J. Burke wrote:
"SeaNymph" wrote in message ...
On 8/12/2015 10:17 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/11/15 4:20 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Sounds like you had a really bad case. The symptoms of mono are many
and varied. Often times the spleen gets enlarged, which if very
dangerous. High, sustained fever is another. Many people get bad cases
of jaundice. As far as I know, there's no real treatment other than to
address what symptoms you present with. I had the swollen spleen, the
jaundice and ran 105 temp for 10 days. It was pretty bad. 2 months
later, I was much better, but was told to tread lightly because I would
be more likely than others to come down with it again.

I'm glad you survived because I know how tough it can be.

I was curious, so I looked it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_liver_failure

If I couldn't get warm in a mummy sleeping bag in a warm room, and I was
very weak, and my eyes were yellow, acute liver failure sounds like a
suitable diagnosis, although I wasn't told it.

It says ACL is the rapid onset of liver dysfunction in a person without
known prior liver disease. It says "hyperacute" occurs within 7 days.
Mine was more like 7 minutes.

When the local doctor saw my yellow eyes, his best bet might have been
acetaminophen overdose. The second might have been reaction to
medication. The third, too much to drink. The usual infectious agents
are Hepatitis A and B, but A comes in epidemics from contaminated food
and water.

That leaves B, transmitted by sharing needles. About 1% if Americans are
infected. Few are treated because only 1% have the potential to cause
ALF. There was a 1 in 10,000 chance that a person would have acute liver
trouble from hepatitis B. The only reason to assume I had hepatitis B
was an assumption that I was a junkie. I'd lived in the community 15
years, and nothing in my behavior suggested that. It had to be because I
was a Vietnam veteran. (A few years later, Johnny Carson made the
serious announcement that he thought it was time for "us" to forgive the
Vietnam veterans.)

snipped for a bit of brevity

There seems to be a rash of medical reversals lately, concerning things
like milk, sugar, salt, etc. I think that a lot of what we hear and
read is nothing more than fear mongering, based on little real world
facts. That being said, I simply don't think the government should be
telling people what to eat and drink. It's not their business and when
it comes to facts, they aren't exactly on the top of the believable
list, imo.

Your opinion as a woman is noted and discarded.
LOL

Oh...are you yet another neanderthal misogynist?