Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Asbestos on shed roof?

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 10:41:04 AM UTC-4, net cop wrote:
"Kenny" writes:

I'm in council housing, there's an outside shed with a corrugated roof
which looks like asbestos but I don't know for sure. I have asked the
landlord if it is, they couldn't say and told me to submit a formal
written request for that info. I will do that but meantime a question
to the group, is there an easy way to check if this is asbestos?
Polish neighbour was on his (same) shed roof, I think trying to fix a
leak, and I tried telling him that it may be asbestos but couldn't get
it across to him. Was he at any risk, apart from falling off it
maybe?

Here is a site that looks to me like a reasonable discussion:

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/e.../roofside.html

Bottom line, if the roof is in good condition, nothing to worry about.

--
Dan Espen

I'm not sure "corrugated roof" and asbestos computes. There
are shingles made with asbestos, and corrugated metal roofs, but
I've never seen a corrugated asbestos roof.