Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Chainsaw Recoil Spring

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 12:38:50 PM UTC-7, Pavel314 wrote:
I went out to cut some wood last weekend and when I pulled the starter cord, it came out of the saw. This is a Poulon Pro 5020 AV. I took it back in to fix it but it would only recoil half way after being pulled out.

I foolishly started undoing things and the coil spring unsprung. I've had a few sessions trying to get it back but it's not easy. I found some YouTube videos on the subject which may help.

Any suggestions on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Paul

My solution was to take it to the "fix-it" guy in town...dtwice

Harry K