Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Condenser fan motor substitute

On 08/11/2015 2:03 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 1:51:52 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 08/11/2015 12:40 PM, John G wrote:

Also, my motor mounts to the top of the condenser lid with acorn nuts. ...

Look for the frame number on the motor nameplate. Get a motor with
the same frame number and the mounting should be the same.

That's not going to have a NEMA frame; it's a vendor-specific mount for
the purpose. He'll probably have to adapt something if can't find the
OEM replacement.

--

I have to disagree. I replaced mine a couple months ago.
As I recall it was identified by frame size and it wasn't

I suppose I stand corrected... I guess should've figured there are
standardized mounting configurations for those as well given the volume
produced, although seems like I never can find anything that fits
whatever it is that _I_ have...