Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1932 wiring

On 8/12/2015 3:47 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A lot of times I'll go into a building and see junctions completely
disconnected.

pretend you were converting a home from gas lighting to

electrical lighting back in the day, where would you install
the wiring if not knob and tube? If I already had a pipe
somewhere that was no longer being used for gas, I think I'd
use it as a conduit for wire. Of course wiring practices
evolved and changed as standards were published and inspections
became the norm. I'd guess there were many house fires cause
by the ignorance of that magical source of energy, electricity.
That's probably the reason the rules and standards for electrical
wiring were codified by the National Fire Protection Association
which may have come into being for that reason. I don't know the
history of the NFPA without reading about it because it may have
been around since the days of gas lighting and the need for
standards back then for installing gas lines in buildings.
Since I haven really researched it, I'm just guessing. Now
that I've become curious, I must vanish for a while and read
up on the history of the organization, dammit! á•™(‡€€¸†¼€¶)á•—

[8~{} Uncle Code Monster

I suspect that a bunch of fires got tired of the discrimination
and poor treatment in bars and establishments. They formed an
association, after they saw the success of NAACP and JPFO, and
the other anti discrimination groups.

Fire lives matter!!

--
..