Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_38_] Andy[_38_] is offline

Default Condenser fan motor substitute

On 08/12/2015 12:03 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Yea, the ball bearing condenser fan motors I installed for commercial customers are about a third more expensive and I'd have to explain the advantages and dependability of the ball bearing motors to sell them on the superior product. I'd use the old sales technique, "Pay me a little more now or pay me a lot later." I did a lot of modifications to AC and refrigeration systems to protect them and increase their efficiency. I'd fix them to stay fixed when a lot of service techs would do the minimum amount of work to get a unit going thinking they would make more money if the unit broke down more often.

Most people today get three bids and choose the cheapest one. It is rare for someone to ask for the most reliable HVAC system.
When you try to sell them a higher quality machine, they assume you're just trying to screw them.
Can't say as I blame them, the HVAC field is thick with shysters.