Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Condenser fan motor substitute

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 1:24:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Also, my motor mounts to the top of the condenser lid with acorn nuts. Do
any of the above numbers show the fit or proper spacing of the studs?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The mountings are usually standardized.

Make sure you get the correct direction of rotation...

that was probably ROT = CCW or CW

some replacment motors can be wired for either CCW or CW.

THe fan will not work correctly if it is spinning the wrong way, and no you cannot simply mount the fan upside down to correct it.

Mark

I guess we should add shaft length to the list. If he's buying
a motor intended for condenser fans, they typically have a long
one so that shouldn't be a problem, but just in case.....