Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Continual cleaning v/s Self Cleaning oven Which is better?

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 9:46:01 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 8:59:01 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 08/10/2015 9:25 PM, wrote:

... Self cleaning ovens
are NOT designed to be used in a tight fitting space - they require an
inch or two of clearance on both sides. We pull ours out to run the
clean cycle (the few times we use the clean feature)

Not _necessarily_ true; the one here is in the cabinet row just as any
other; it has sufficient insulation that is in the owners manual to be
allowed. It's a 30+ yr old GE with also the microwave in the oven; no
longer available and will be sorely missed if it ever does give up the
proverbial ghost...

It's gone thru the cleaning cycle in situ any number of times during
that time with no issues.

--

Same here. I had an older 30" oven/microwave in a cabinet. I replaced
it with KitchenAid 36" dual ovens and had to rework the

This is an old farm house w/ small kitchen and no spare counter or
cabinet space--if the ability to house the microwave inside the oven
were to disappear, there's no practical place to put an additional
appliance...

--

There are cases where a built-in microwave can make sense, so
I see your point. The problem with built-in microwaves is that