Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default OT Roku Channel Store

notbob wrote:
On 2015-08-11, micky wrote:

Another question, please.

It says that Roku one has "Built-in wireless"
but Roku two has "Streaming-friendly dual-band wireless"

Does t hat mean one can't stream with Roku 1? I thought streaming was
the goal of Roku in general?

Running a cable from the router to the roku box would be rather
difficult for me.

Not sure.

My Roku 2 XS has wifi, but I use an ethernet cable, regardless. The Roku 1
claims to be "wireless". Is that the same as wifi? I would think so.

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-1

nb

WiFi uses two bands, one on 2.4GHz, one on 50GHz. 2.4 band is quite
crowded and some times using it is hit and miss depending on your
neighborhood WiFi situation. 5GHz is newer band with wider bandwidth,
so it is better choice for streaming. So Roku 1 is single band vs. 2 is
dual band.