Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1932 wiring

On 8/10/2015 11:30 AM, philo wrote:
As long as I was putting new wiring into the kitchen and was "on a roll"
so to speak, I figured I might as well get rid of the last 4 runs of the
original 1932 wiring.

The wiring itself was still OK, but the old "pipe" conduit had a lot of
poor ground connections, so I got rid of it.

Sheesh, some of the piping was as heavy as water pipe.

Put it all out in the alley and within a few minutes a metal scavenger
came and got it.

Started in with the Sawzall about 7 am and later my wife asked me what I
was doing. She says she gets scared when she hears me running power
tools and does not see what I'm doing.

Told her she'd be a lot more scared if she /did/ see what I was doing.

Sounds like your home safety is improved, a LOT.
Very good job, sir.

--
..
Christopher A. Young