Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default dry time for concrete footing

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:55:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 8/7/2015 3:52 PM, ted wrote:
We are pouring 3 ft concrete footings 2 feet deep so 3'x3'x2'deep footings

I was wondering the dry time would be approximately before we can put load bearing posts on the footing

This is for opening a load bearing wall to the kitchen

any ideas as to when the footings should have aout 3000psi strength?

Minimum is usually 7 days to get most of its strength, 28 days is
considered fully cured even though it will cure for much longer. Keep
it wet.

In 1970 when I was at the Panama Canal, which was built before 1910,
they told me the locks were still curing and still getting harder, but
they was already hard enough that when ships hit it, the ship got
dented. They were kept wet up to the water level.