Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Hanging a shelf in drywall

On 8/7/15 4:23 PM, Muggles wrote:

I'm trying to find where the studs are on a wall in my bathroom so I can
hand a shelf and at least have some screws go into a couple of studs,
but my stud finder is weird. I can go over the same spot multiple times
and sometimes the stud finder light goes on as if there's a stud there,
and then I'll go over the same spot again to confirm and it doesn't
light up.

Is there a way to confirm a stud is there before actually drilling a
hole since the stud finder is being weird? I don't know if I'm holding
it right or not, or does it matter?

Try a magnetic stud finder, (or just a good strong magnet)
Find the drywall nails, and line up a stud from the nail locations.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1289967