Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling
NEMO NEMO is offline

Default Headlights oscillating

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 11:18:57 -0700, "Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese of
Ladyboise, Idaho" wrote:

"NEMO" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 07:19:54 -0700, "Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese of
Ladyboise, Idaho" wrote:

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message

This just started.... or at least I just noticed it. With the headlights
on dim and engine warmed up and idling, the brightness cycles from normal
slightly dim. Cycle time is around a second. When I rev the engine
slightly, they return to normal steady brightness.

When running with or without lights, the ammeter is just right of center,
slightly charging, in the normal position.

I don't suspect a connection -- within the last 2 months, I removed and
cleaned all the battery connections, including regulator and other parts
when I was fixing a grounding issue.

Battery cranks start just fine. No other indications of failing battery.

Thanks folks,

Snuffy

Yer alternator's greeked.

*I* suggested the very same!

I had the same problem with my eyes; they kept going round and round, like
the wheels on the bus.

Just say NO to drugz, Coloon! LOLOK

Speaking of batteries, what about my CRANK?
EH?

What ABOUT it, Coloon? Eh?