Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... motor oil letters matter

On 8/7/2015 11:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/7/2015 12:04 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/7/2015 12:19 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/6/15 9:40 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I think they grade oils SA through SF, based on
some quality grading or other. I can't remember
what. But, my SWAG is that SA quality grade is
fine for lawn mowers.
http://www.pqiamerica.com/apiserviceclass.htm
It looks like it was pretty dumb to use 30W SA. Thanks for not pointing
it out. I want everybody to think I'm as smart as average!

What's SB, & SA mean?

Someone initials SM wrote about SB and SA, earlier in
this message thread. It's got to be up there some
where, in the old text. Might even be a URL.

sigh And I thought I knew all the abbreviations already. ;-)

--
Maggie