Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... calcium deposits need acids

On 8/6/2015 7:52 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/6/15 12:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 7:18 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/5/15 6:32 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 3:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:58 AM, Muggles wrote:

I think Edith showed the conflict between conscience and the herd
instinct in Dean Hoffman's thread.

At times I thought Edith was the smartest character in the show. She
tended to speak up to both sides when it really counted, otherwise,
she'd just let them all fight it out between them. She kind of
knew it
was a lost cause to try to change their minds about anything
unless it
came down to an issue that was important, like family and love.

Eight trailing messages. Please do some text
trim, when ever possible. Thanks.

rats You caught me again. I'll try harder.

Don't let Archie push you around, Edith! Stand up to him! What would
Maud do?

Some days I feel like a Maud. Some days I don't. ()

I remember now.... Lionel!

He and Edith were alike in that they tried to be agreeable instead of
imposing their opinions. The difference was that Edith tried to be
supportive of the opinions of others, which caused dilemmas, while
Lionel avoided confirming or denying the homemade opinions of Archie or
the ivory tower opinions of Meathead.

That way, Lionel was free to enjoy Archie's opinions. Sometimes, like a
clever lawyer, he'd lead Archie to change his mind without ever claiming
to impose a superior opinion.

I would have loved to see those two star as the Lone Ranger and Tonto!

I think I like you. I know I like how you see things. Lionel ... I'd
forgotten about him and had to take a quick refresher on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDqvgg0Bv8

--
Maggie