Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Home Depot rant

On 8/6/2015 1:41 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 8/5/2015 2:47 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I ordered three doors on-line from Home Depot and had them shipped to
the store that is about 5 miles away.

The doors were sitting on one of their carts with absolutely no
protective packaging what so ever. The edge of the veneer on all three
was damaged, there were black marks that may or may not have sanded
out before sanding through the veneer and there were gouges on two of
the three that were presumably caused by sliding something across the
doors. All in all, the doors were junk.

When I went to my local Menards and ordered steel roofing panels and a
ridge cap to be shipped from their main warehouse to my local store for
pickup, they automatically added an "additional packaging" fee to the
invoice. I raised holy hell. The manager's spiel was that the ordinary
packaging they use when shipping these materials is inadequate and could
result in damage. He was certain I wanted to ensure they came intact,
thus I should be happy to pay extra for more sturdy packaging. My
counterpoint, naturally, was that proper packaging for shipping is THEIR
problem and THEIR cost to deal with, not mine. After all, if the
merchandise arrived damaged, I would simply refuse it.

I wonder how many people fall for that ****.

So, did you still have to pay for the additional packaging fee?

--
Maggie